Founded by Sir Peter Hall, and modelled on the original Elizabethan Rose Theatre on London’s Bankside, Rose Theatre is the largest producing theatre in South West London.
Our vision is to be a world-class producing theatre for our part of London and beyond, which is famous for drama, fully engaged with the local community and financially sustainable.
We aim to:
- Put our audiences at the heart of everything we do, from planning the artistic programme to realising the expression of each work;
- Stimulate, entertain and engage existing and new audiences;
- Be a hub of artistic activity relevant to the communities of Kingston, greater South West London and the counties beyond;
- Grow sustainable revenue streams from our box office, development income and trading;
- Deepen and ensure fulfilment of relationships with Kingston University and the Royal Borough of Kingston.
Our artistic programme is at our core. Creating a combination of in-house productions and co-productions each season, we produce work that reflects the highest standards of artistic excellence and attracts celebrated actors and directors.
In addition to its productions, the Rose undertakes a high-quality learning and participation programme, educating the people of all ages and backgrounds in various aspects of dramatic art, nurturing emerging talent, and serving as a cultural hub for communities in Kingston and beyond.