Bectu is the UK trade union for anyone working in theatre backstage or behind the scenes! Come see us on the stand to find out more about why you should join a union when you start work, and to enter our raffle with a fantastic prize… work experience at the English National Opera*!
If you work in a non-performing role in the creative industries – full-time, casual, or freelancer – then Bectu is for you. We’re the union for anyone working in theatre, but we also cover film, TV, live events, galleries, fashion, and more!
Being part of your union means you can:
• Campaign and negotiate for the best pay / rates, terms, and conditions
• Get advice and representation when there’s an issue at work
• Support when you need it (whether that’s a question about a contract or help with getting an invoice paid!).
• Training opportunities
• Network with others and develop your career
• Access our members-only cheap Public Liability Insurance (if you don’t know what this is, come and ask us at our stand, as you might need it when you start work!).
• Work together to tackle issues like equality, health and safety, bullying and harassment, unfair treatment, mental health and wellbeing
• Get legal support if you need it
• Access a range of member benefits, including discounts and financial support Be part of your trade union to ensure you have a voice at work and to help improve your industry.
*Prize draw open to those aged 16+