Who we are
TheatreCraft is the largest, free careers event for young people aged 16-30 seeking an off-stage career in theatre. TheatreCraft and theatrecraft.org is operated and run via a partnership of organisations:
- Theatre Royal Haymarket Masterclass Trust (Masterclass) a registered charity in England and Wales, Registered Charity Number 1070117, whose registered office is at 18 Suffolk Street, London, SW1Y 4HT
- Society of London Theatre a company registered in England and Wales, Company No 527227, whose registered office is at 32 Rose Street, London, WC2E 9ET
- Mousetrap Theatre Projects a registered charity in England, Registered Charity Number 1053434, whose registered office is 23-24 Henrietta Street, London, WC2E 8ND
- Royal Opera House Covent Garden Limited a registered charity in England and Wales, Registered Charity Number 211775, whose registered office is Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 9DD
- Contacting TheatreCraft
For the purpose of UK data protection laws, the data controller in respect of any personal data that we collect about you or which you provide is the partnership. If you have any questions regarding your personal data or its use, please contact Masterclass on behalf of the partnership by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 020 7389 9660
Or by post:
Theatre Royal Haymarket Masterclass Trust
18 Suffolk Street
- Data that we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have explained using the following categories:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name and date of birth.
- Contact Data includes your telephone number and email address.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website
- Profile Data includes your username and password, postcode, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
When you register with us on our website or subscribe to our newsletter or other items from us online, by post or phone we need to collect information from you in order to provide the service you are requesting.
- How we collect your data
Generally we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your identity and contact by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone and email or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties. This may include Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU
- Why we collect your personal data and how we use it
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. The information we hold on you will be used in a number of ways. Here are the main ones:
To carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
- To fulfil event booking requests.
- To provide the best possible customer services and to help us with internal administration.
- To contact you with important information relating to your booking, such as confirming your order or reminding you of upcoming events.
Where we have your consent:
- To provide you with our newsletter, information about TheatreCraft and updates on relevant opportunities .
Where we have justifiable reason (including legal obligation and legitimate interest):
- Learn about your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information that is relevant to you.
- Help us target our marketing communications so that they’re more relevant to you.
- Measure and understand how you respond to a variety of marketing activity so we can ensure our communications are relevant and effective.
- Other organisations
TheatreCraft will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent. We will ask for your consent to share personal information with like-minded arts organisations.
By signing up to TheatreCraft you’re Representatives have access to
- How we protect your data
TheatreCraft is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt vigorous and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorized access and improper use.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, freelancers and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. However, you acknowledge that data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure and that we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet
We will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including our legal and reporting obligations. If you ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications to you, we will keep the minimum amount of information to ensure we adhere with such requests.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- Third party processors
The information that you provide to us will be collected and processed on TheatreCraft’s behalf by the web controller and contracted freelancers.
We may also share your information with service providers who work with TheatreCraft, such as database services, website hosting or email delivery service.
- Your rights
If you have registered as a member with us, you can amend your email contact preferences at any time, including unsubscribing. Every email we send to you will include details on how to change your communications preferences or unsubscribe from future communications.
You can request full details of personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, or after 25 May 2018, The General Data Protection Regulation, by contacting Masterclass on behalf of the TheatreCraft partnership as defined above. Please send a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity to email@example.com
If you would like us to remove the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details above.
Updates to this policy will be posted on this page – please check back from time to time. We may also inform you of any changes where we hold an appropriate email address for you.
Last updated: 11 June 2019