Another year, another cracking line up of inspirational workshops and talks. Discover jobs you never knew existed, gain an insight into a career, learn new skills, go behind the scenes at West End theatres and ask questions of some of the most exciting people in the theatre industry. And it’s all for free…
This isn’t it, either. We’ve more to come, so keep checking back for more workshops and talks that will be added over the next few weeks.
Before you book your place on a workshop or talk, read this important information:
• You must be logged in to book. If you haven’t registered for TheatreCraft 2018, do that via the BOOK NOW button.
• You can book up to 2 workshops, 2 panel talks (Ask Us Anything Panel / Super Panel) and the Ambassador Panel.
• Plan your day before you book – there are loads of opportunities, lots of places and a great range of activities to appeal to all interests. Make sure that the sessions you book don’t clash with each other, you can’t be in two places at one, obviously.
• Don’t forget to leave time to explore the Marketplace, full of the UK’s leading theatres and arts education providers, to have one to one conversation about careers in theatre and the opportunities they offer.
• When you have booked onto a session you will receive a confirmation email for that workshop or talk.
• If you can no longer attend the day, or a particular session, don’t forget to cancel your place on each individual session (follow the easy instructions in the confirmation email). There’s no point stopping someone else from taking your place.
• If the workshop you want to book for has already sold out, never fear! You’ll still have an opportunity to book on to additional workshops on the day at our Info Desk in the Waldorf Hilton Hotel Marketplace
|10:30 AM||A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Royal Opera House Costume Revival Workroom||Aldwych Theatre (Stalls Bar)|
|10:30 AM||An Introduction to Theatre Photography||Waldorf Hilton (Westminster Suite)|
|10:30 AM||Circus and Outdoor Performance; Working with Extraordinary Bodies||Adelphi Theatre (Jessie Matthews Bar)|
|10:30 AM||First Impressions Matter: Crafting Your CV and Online Presence||Waldorf Hilton Hotel (Executive Boardroom)|
|10:30 AM||Introduction to Dramaturgy: Telling Big Stories for New Audiences||Novello Theatre (Schubert Bar)|
|10:30 AM||Marketing a Show||Dewynters (Meeting Point)|
|10:30 AM||Producing New Work||Novello Theatre (Ivor’s Bar)|
|10:30 AM||Stage Management and the Production Process||Novello Theatre (Waldorf Bar)|
|10:30 AM||Touring Theatre with Paines Plough||Paines Plough (Meeting Point)|
|11:30 AM||The Art of Networking||Waldorf Hilton Hotel (Executive Boardroom)|
|11:45 AM||Bland or Brand: How Marketing Can Make a Show a Five Star Hit||Waldorf Hilton (Westminster Suite)|
|11:45 AM||How to be a Theatre Producer; Off West End to West End & Everything In-between||Novello Theatre (Ivor’s Bar)|
|11:45 AM||Keep Calm and Get the Job: The World of the Casting Director||Adelphi Theatre (Upper Circle Bar)|
|11:45 AM||PR in the Digital Age: Publicising Your Work in Print and Online Media||Dewynters (Meeting Point)|
|11:45 AM||Set and Costume Design for the Stage||Aldwych Theatre (Stalls Bar)|
|11:45 AM||Stage Lighting: Using Illumination To Tell Stories||Adelphi Theatre (Dress Circle Bar)|
|11:45 AM||The Role of the Musical Director||Waldorf Hilton (Aldwych Suite)|
|11:45 AM||Theatre Management; Just When You Think You’ve Seen It All…||Novello Theatre (Waldorf Bar)|
|12:30 PM||Presenting Design Portfolios||Waldorf Hilton Hotel (Executive Boardroom)|
|1:00 PM||Agenting 101||Novello Theatre (Schubert Bar)|